- This event has passed.
Getting Ready for Frontline Leadership (Day 1)
May 11 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Thursdays, May 11 & 18, 2023
8:00am – 8:30am – Registration / 8:30am – 4:30pm – Program
Workshop Leader: Charles Walsh, HOPS Int’l LLC
EAF Members – $359/per registrant
Non-Members – $459/per registrant
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with a 48-hour notice and who do not attend will be invoiced for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.
BUILDING FRONTLINE LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE
HOPS International LLC and The International Center for Organizational & Leadership Excellence, through its associate partnership with the Employers Association Forum, Inc. is pleased to offer “Pre-Supervisory Skills Development Workshop”. This workshop is a 2-day (14 hour), interactive skills-based program for lead staff, potential supervisors, and new supervisors, who have had limited supervisory training and/or experience. The approach is hands-on and conveyed through interactive dialogue, individual and group discussions, assessments, and team-based learning.
Building effective frontline leadership has become critical during these challenging times. This updated approach to frontline excellence can greatly assist and support your frontline leadership team or soon-to-become frontline leaders, by exploring innovative and leading-edge practices to perform at their very best! This is a full 2-day interactive skills development workshop designed specifically for those employees who have had limited frontline leadership training and/or experience as well as those who may need a refresher. The discovery learning approach provides participants a balanced blend of group discussion, personal assessment, team exercises, and situational problem-solving for on-the-job application.
The following core topics are covered during this basic workshop, focusing on individual assessment and on the job application of critical frontline skills:
• Understanding Yourself – What is Your Perspective on Leadership?
• Supervisory Myths: The Challenges of Transitioning to a Leadership Role
• Setting & Communicating Expectations – The Beginning of Frontline Excellence
• Understanding the Role of Frontline Leadership in the 21st Century
• Direction, Credibility, & Authority – Establishing Respect for Leadership
• Motivating and Coaching Employees – Getting the Best from People
• Effective Communication Practices – The Basics
• Handling Workplace Conflict
• Employee Performance – Building Confidence, Pride, & Commitment!
• Understanding & Applying Progressive Discipline – The Basics
• Understanding Employment Law – A Brief Overview
This workshop is also available on-site and can be customized to address specific client needs.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program is designed for new supervisory staff with less than 3 years of supervisory experience or for those high-potential employees ready to move into a frontline leadership role. Register today for this exciting new program as seating is limited. Your organization will benefit greatly from this new perspective on what it takes in the 21st century for excellence in frontline leadership.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.