- This event has passed.
October 31 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday, October 31, 2019
9:00am – 4:00pm
6 HRCI & SHRM Credits
Program Leader: Tina Alenius, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Principal of Sonnier-Alenius Consulting (SAC)
EAF Members – $175/per person
Non-Members – $225/per person
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with a 48-hour notice and who do not attend will be invoiced for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.
Administrative Assistants are often overworked, overstretched and overburdened. They are expected to be all things for all people, and often support not just one boss or one team, but multiple teams and multiple bosses. This workshop is designed to provide practical tips and tools to improve personal effectiveness in what often times can be called, “a mad, mad workplace.” Additionally, we will provide practical tips for handling emotions and avoid becoming stressed out even when you are endlessly interrupted or have ever-changing “top” priorities.
Who Should Attend:
- Administrative Assistants, Executive Assistants, and/or Secretaries
- Administrators needing to provide good business results quickly and effectively
- Anyone who supports decision-makers and bosses who need professional support staff
- Support staff looking to improve their personal effectiveness skills
- Review a quick and easy model for determining your priorities
- Achieve a clear understanding of the importance of organization and planning
- Learn to handle interruptions and distractions
- Improve time management skills
- Review effective communication tools and techniques
- Identify critical partnerships needed for your success
- Recognize sources of emotions in the workplace
- Learn how to remain calm and objective in the face of strong emotions
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.