- This event has passed.
September 15, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Friday, September 15, 2017
8:30am – 12:00pm
3.5 HRCI & SHRM Credits
Program Leader: Tina Alenius, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Principal of Sonnier-Alenius Consulting (SAC)
EAF Members – $99/per person
Non-Members – $149/per person
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with a 48-hour notice and who do not attend will be invoiced for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.
Administrative Assistants are often overworked, overstretched and overburdened. They are expected to be all things for all people, and often support not just one boss or one team, but multiple teams and multiple bosses. This workshop is designed to provide practical tips and tools to improve personal effectiveness in what often times can be called, “a mad, mad workplace.” Additionally, we will provide practical tips for handling emotions and avoid becoming stressed out even when you are endlessly interrupted or have ever-changing “top” priorities.
Who Should Attend:
- Administrative Assistants, HR Assistants, Executive Assistants, and/or Secretaries
- Administrators needing to provide good business results quickly and effectively
- Anyone who supports decision-makers and bosses who need professional support staff
- Support staff looking to improve their personal effectiveness skills
- Review a quick and easy model for determining your priorities
- Achieve a clear understanding of the importance of organization and planning
- Learn to handle interruptions and distractions
- Improve time management skills
- Review effective communication tools and techniques
- Identify critical partnerships needed for your success
- Recognize sources of emotions in the workplace
- Learn how to remain calm and objective in the face of strong emotions
About the facilitator:
Tina Alenius, SPHR, SHRM-SCP is Principal of Sonnier-Alenius Consulting (SAC) and an Associate Partner for Employer’s Association Forum (EAF). She is an accomplished Human Resources professional who creates successful learning environments by honoring and reinforcing organizational, cultural and leadership initiatives. Prior to HR, Tina spent many years being a front-line operations manager managing teams from 10 to 500 employees. By building strong human resources credibility, Tina connects personally with clients and supports them in their development. Tina models customer service skills in all aspects of her career, whether she is in the classroom or working one-on-one with an client. An innovative thinker and strategic thought partner, Tina helps to identify and bridge gaps, create people and business readiness and provide organizations with holistic plans to ensure their workforces are ready for future.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.