- This event has passed.
Train-the-Trainer (Day 2)
January 22 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Wednesdays, January 15 & 22, 2020 (1 & 1/2 Day Workshop)
January 15 – 8:30am – 4:30pm & January 22 – 8:30am – 12:30pm
11.0 HRCI & SHRM Credits
Program Leader: Tina Alenius, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Principal of Sonnier-Alenius Consulting (SAC)
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with a 48-hour notice and who do not attend will be invoiced for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.
We have all been there…sitting in a training class with a less than prepared, less than knowledgeable facilitator who quickly will lose our attention to anything that might pop up on our smart device!
Sometimes these ill-fated trainers are subject matter experts, and often they have the best intentions, but good intentions will not create successful learning environments, EXPERT FACILITATION SKILLS DO. In this 1.5-day training workshop, participants will learn how to deliver training that gets results by fine-tuning presentation and facilitation skills. Participants will receive personalized coaching and will design and deliver a training program utilizing techniques and best practices learned in this session. Whether it is new hire orientation or senior executive initiatives, this session will strengthen your skills when delivering Facilitator-Led Training.
- Understand why effective training is key to successful Human Resources Development
- Meet “ADDIE” and be able to describe the training cycle
- Focus on training IMPLEMENTATION skills
- Identify the three roles of the presenter: Teacher, Trainer and Facilitator
- Apply adult learning concepts and review adult learning styles to fully engage group
- Prepare properly for a training session, and prepare participants to foster learning
- Implement a variety of learning activities such as storytelling, effective questioning techniques, and other alternatives to lectures.
- Model best practices and the latest techniques in training delivery
- Learn how to address challenging participants and behaviors
- Design a participant-centered training experience
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of visuals and multi-media tools
- Present and facilitate a training program, including use of audio visuals and handouts
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.