Sexual Harassment for Leaders – Keeping Your Workplace Safe and Legal (WEBINAR)
April 23 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
EAF Members – $99/per participant or $249/up to 5 participants
Non-Members – $149/per participant or $349/up to 5 participants
Presenter: Chuck Simikian, Principal, Alliance HR
Sexual harassment is back in the news….but did it ever go away? The answer is no. In fact, creating and managing a harassment-free workplace is a constant challenge. Harassment and misconduct are risks to every organization’s culture, reputation, and productivity. In fact, business owners, managers, and HR professionals can be held personally legally liable for their lack of action in handling complaints. For HR teams, training on these issues and related topics like reporting, discrimination, and bullying has become a significant priority and responsibility.
The more employees are aware of the standards expected of them at work…the less likely bullying, harassment, or discriminatory behavior manifests itself. This interactive online seminar will help managers and other leaders understand what professional behavior is and why it is so important so that they can support it.
We will cover:
- The history of current sexual harassment laws
- Why dealing with sexual harassment is important and a manager’s responsibility and potential personal liability
- The types of sexual harassment
- Issue spotting and the criteria that qualifies behavior as harassment
- Case studies of real situations…what went wrong…and how it could have gone right
- Perception vs Intent
- Common missteps
- Professionalism and “Daily rules to live by”
- Workplace situations that may represent sexual harassment, potential sexual harassment, or no harassment
- Best-practice techniques for confronting harassers
- How to mitigate risk, correct behavior, and “build a good faith defense” by documenting incidents and conversations
- Other types of non-sexual, yet just as damaging, harassing behavior.
If you manage people, then you need to be in this class. If you own a company, run an organization, or have managers and supervisors….THEY need to be in this class. The cure is in the education and prevention. Don’t miss this opportunity to save your organization the cost of fines, the headaches of lengthy investigations, and of course legal fees!
Presenter – Chuck Simikian, SHRM-SCP, Principal and Lead Consultant of Alliance HR Partners is the host of The HR & Leadership Spotlight. He is the endorsed service provider of EAF and certified seminar facilitator and speaker for Pryor Learning Solutions. He is a seasoned certified HR professional and author with over 25 years of corporate HR experience spanning all aspects of Human Resources including recruitment, training, employee relations, benefits administration, payroll, and HR compliance.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.