- This event has passed.
Ergonomics in the Workplace (WEBINAR)
March 23 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
EAF Members – Free
Non-Members – Free
1.5 HRCI & SHRM Credits
Ergonomics is all around us in everyday life. Every time you drive your car, work at your desk, grocery shop, or use a power tool, ergonomics was considered in some way! It is important to understand basic ergonomic principles to protect yourself from the aches, pains, and strains that are associated with many of the things we do in life and at work.
Ergonomic injuries are largely preventable if you understand the correct engineering and administrative controls.
Do You know…
- Ergonomics Is The Study Of People’s Interactions With Their Environment?
- The 12 Principles Of Ergonomics?
- There Is A Link Between Work Exposures And MSIs?
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Accounts For 15% Of All Workplace Injuries?
- ‘Ergonomic’ Type Of Injuries Are The Most Common Injury Type?
- You Can Get Cited By An OSHA Inspector For Ergonomic-Related Issues?
- Ergonomic Interventions Are Cost-Effective And Have A Quick Return On Investment?
- Severe Injuries Can Occur Even At A Desk Workstation?
- What Types Of Ergonomic Solutions Are On The Market Currently?
- Correct Ergonomics Can Increase Productivity?
By attending this webinar, you will have a baseline understanding of ergonomics and can use your knowledge to help prevent workplace injuries and worker’s compensation claims.
Who should attend?
- Managers and supervisors
- Human Resources managers
- Administrative personnel who work at desks (either in an office or remotely)
- Branch location personnel responsible for office equipment/furniture
- Anyone with ongoing pain or discomfort at their workstation
- Anyone interested in safety and ergonomics
PRESENTER: Brian Mitchell, EHS Professional, CEAS with Risk Consultants of America, Inc. Brian is a Safety Professional with many years of experience in Safety & Risk Management. Mr. Mitchell has developed safety programs, ergonomic protocol of medical and state entities and is heavily involved with regulatory compliance for OSHA termed General Industry clients throughout the United States as well as conducting numerous training programs in the field of health and safety for private industry and government agencies. He currently manages special projects, insurance and governmental accounts.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.