Your People Experts

Telecommuting & Flexible Work Schedule Survey

TELECOMMUTING:

1.  Types of employees allowed to telecommute:

2.  Companies that allow part-time employees to telecommute: 83%
3.  83% of those responding allow supervisors/managers of people to telecommute up to 3 days a week.
4.  Only 33% of employers impose a time limit before an employee is eligible to participate in their telecommuting program. Those employers that do impose a limit allow employees to telecommute after 90 days of employment.
5.  17% of responding companies require employees to sign a telecommuting agreement.
6.  14% of employers require telecommuters to work a set schedule each week, while 57% permit them to work flexible schedules with set core hours. The remainder of the companies did not respond.
7.  To track the time of non-exempt employees who are telecommuting 67% of respondents utilize a sign-in on the computer or a computerized time card.
8.  Percentage of workforce that telecommutes:

9.   The number of days permitted to telecommute varies by the specific project or work flow.
10. Equipment provided to telecommuters:


11. None of the responding companies inspect the home office before allowing employees to telecommute.

FLEXIBLE SCHEDULES:
1.  Flexible work schedules offered to employees:


2.  In 60% of the organizations responding, the availability of flexible work schedules depends on the department/position. The other 40% allow all employees to have flexible schedules as long as there is departmental coverage.
3.  83% of the companies offering flexible schedules do so year-round as opposed to only over the summer.
4.  60% of responding companies allow employees to change their schedules from week to week; 20% of companies responding require the employee to work their fixed schedule; and the other 20% indicated it depends on the position.
5.  In 67% of the companies, each department maintains the flexible schedule and submits it to Human Resources; 17% of the companies responding require each department to maintain the schedule but does not submit it to Human Resources; HR is responsible for maintaining the flexible schedules for the entire organization in 17% of the companies responding.


EAF responds to hundreds of hotline calls and emails monthly. We would be happy to answer any interesting questions you may have too! Contacts us at [email protected] or 407.260.6556

Ready to Join? CLICK HERE to Join now and receive 10% off NEW Member Dues!
Use PROMO CODE: EAF2018 on your Member Application (cannot be used with other special offers).

Not ready to join, but I would like more information.

Please provide your contact information below and we will contact you shortly.

Follow EAF on Social Media!

Leave a Reply

Recent Posts

Contact

Employers Association Forum, Inc.
640 E State Road 434, Suite 3100
Longwood, FL 32750

Phone 407.260.6556 Fax 407.260.2876
Email [email protected]

Disclaimer

EAF provides information about current developments in labor and employment law. This information is intended for educational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. Questions requiring legal advice should be addressed to the attorney of your choice. EAF members may be able to obtain a legal interpretation through our FREE Legal Hotline.