1. Types of employees allowed to telecommute:
2. Companies that allow part-time employees to telecommute: 83%
3. 83% of those responding allow supervisors/managers of people to telecommute up to 3 days a week.
4. Only 33% of employers impose a time limit before an employee is eligible to participate in their telecommuting program. Those employers that do impose a limit allow employees to telecommute after 90 days of employment.
5. 17% of responding companies require employees to sign a telecommuting agreement.
6. 14% of employers require telecommuters to work a set schedule each week, while 57% permit them to work flexible schedules with set core hours. The remainder of the companies did not respond.
7. To track the time of non-exempt employees who are telecommuting 67% of respondents utilize a sign-in on the computer or a computerized time card.
8. Percentage of workforce that telecommutes:
9. The number of days permitted to telecommute varies by the specific project or work flow.
10. Equipment provided to telecommuters:
11. None of the responding companies inspect the home office before allowing employees to telecommute.
1. Flexible work schedules offered to employees:
2. In 60% of the organizations responding, the availability of flexible work schedules depends on the department/position. The other 40% allow all employees to have flexible schedules as long as there is departmental coverage.
3. 83% of the companies offering flexible schedules do so year-round as opposed to only over the summer.
4. 60% of responding companies allow employees to change their schedules from week to week; 20% of companies responding require the employee to work their fixed schedule; and the other 20% indicated it depends on the position.
5. In 67% of the companies, each department maintains the flexible schedule and submits it to Human Resources; 17% of the companies responding require each department to maintain the schedule but does not submit it to Human Resources; HR is responsible for maintaining the flexible schedules for the entire organization in 17% of the companies responding.
EAF responds to hundreds of hotline calls and emails monthly. We would be happy to answer any interesting questions you may have too! Contacts us at [email protected] or 407.260.6556
Ready to Join? CLICK HERE to Join now and receive 10% off NEW Member Dues!
Use PROMO CODE: EAF2018 on your Member Application (cannot be used with other special offers).
Follow EAF on Social Media!