- This event has passed.
Supervisory Foundations (Day 2)
March 14 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesdays, March 7 & 14, 2023
8:00am – 8:30am – Registration / 8:30am – 4:30pm – Program
14.0 HRCI & SHRM Credits
Program Leader: Charles Walsh, HOPS International LLC
EAF Members – $359
Non-Members – $459
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with a 48-hour notice and who do not attend will be invoiced for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.
SUPERVISORY FOUNDATIONS – Building a Foundation for Personal & Organizational Excellence
Supervisory Foundations® is an interactive skill development workshop designed to provide you with a basic awareness of key foundational practices and behaviors to effectively supervise your employees towards performance excellence. Supervisory Foundations® has been designed as a progressive follow-up workshop for EAF graduates of Getting Ready for Frontline Leadership®. During this 2-day workshop, we will cover a variety of core leadership practices and skills through group discussions, self-assessments, team and individual exercises, and skill practice opportunities. Active classroom engagement in the learning process will maximize what you get out of the time you are investing in your development as a leader of people.
Supervisory Foundations® addresses key leadership issues that may be impacting your success and the performance of your team and organization. Your primary role is to be the first-response leader that builds a high-performance culture for your employees and for your organization. This builds organizational excellence! This workshop will provide you a unique opportunity to learn critical 21st century best practices to enhance your contribution to your employees and your organization.
During Supervisory Foundations®, the following core content topics will be addressed through a combination of interactive discussions, team and individual exercises, assessments, and skill practice & feedback:
- Improve your understanding of the role and responsibilities of supervisory leadership in the 21st century;
- Examine effective supervisory leadership best-practices and skill-based competencies;
- Explore key elements of both management & leadership as they impact the role of supervision;
- Explore the key skills to improve or enhance core supervisory communication and engagement skills;
- Improve your ability to set and communicate clear direction towards achievement of goals;
- Improve core skills in high-performance coaching and counseling techniques.
- Increase your level of leadership credibility by enhancing your personal pride, level of passion, and ownership for high-performance.
This program is designed primarily for existing supervisory staff with a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience as well as for those longer-term supervisors who may have not had any leadership training. Seating is limited to maximum of 18 participants for on-site delivery. Your organization will benefit greatly from this new perspective on what it takes in the 21st century for excellence in supervisory leadership.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.