Succeeding Through Positive Discipline
May 7 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
8:30am – 4:30pm
(7) HRCI & (7) SHRM CREDIT HOURS
Program Leader: Tina Alenius, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Principal of Sonnier-Alenius Consulting (SAC)
EAF Members – $175/per person
Non-Members – $225/per person
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with a 48-hour notice and who do not attend will be invoiced for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.
Almost every employee wants to be productive and succeed in the workplace. They need guidance and understanding more than threats and warnings. To prevent future problems in the workplace and improve your management skills, learn how to implement positive discipline. This highly participatory and interactive, one-day training workshop is designed to provide managers with an understanding of how to implement constructive disciplinary steps that makes you a better manager and shows employees that you are invested in their success. If you struggle with creating productive employees that understand why it is important to follow protocols and comply with organization directives, this workshop is for you.
- Distinguish between job performance and work habits
- Understand the importance of dealing with unsatisfactory work habits early on, before they require disciplinary action
- Recognize when to use coaching vs. positive discipline (or other direction)
- Explain clearly and specifically to a employee the nature of his/her unsatisfactory work, focusing on behavior rather than personality or attitude
- Involve the employee in the process of correcting unsatisfactory behavior through an interactive process that maintains the team member’s self-esteem
- Ensure employee accountability by getting the employee to commit to a clear plan of action
- Understand the importance of complete and timely documentation
- Understand how to improve the quality of work by building effective partnerships with your employee
- Provide regular, constructive feedback so employees always know where they stand
About the facilitator:
Tina Alenius, SPHR, SHRM-SCP is Principal of SONNIER-ALENIUS CONSULTING, Training and Human Performance Specialists (SAC), and an Associate Partner for Employers Association Forum (EAF). She is an accomplished Human Resources professional who creates successful learning environments by honoring and reinforcing organizational, cultural and leadership initiatives. Prior to HR, Tina spent many years being a front-line operations manager managing teams from 10 to 500 employees. By building strong human resources credibility, Tina connects personally with clients and supports them in their development. Tina model’s customer service skills in all aspects of her career, whether she is in the classroom or working one-on-one with an client. An innovative thinker and strategic thought partner, Tina helps to identify and bridge gaps, create people and business readiness and provide organizations with holistic plans to ensure their workforces are ready for future.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.