EAF Human Resources Briefing & Annual Meeting
Friday, October 25, 2019
- This event has passed.
Positive Customer Service & Managing Difficult Calls
February 22, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday, February 22, 2018
8:30am – 4:00pm
Program Leader: Tina Alenius, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Principal of Sonnier-Alenius Consulting (SAC)
EAF Members – $175/per person
Non-Members – $225/per person
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with a 48-hour notice and who do not attend will be invoiced for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.
- Even a single negative customer service experience can deter potential customers from spending money with a company. 60% o US consumers have not completed an intended purchase based on a poor customer service experience. That translates into an estimated $83 billion in lost sales for US retailers.
- Traditional channels like phone and email are still preferred by consumers, but new technologies – like messaging apps d live chat – are beginning to take off!
- Describe positive customer service and use various techniques to create loyal customers.
- Introduction key barriers to effective communication.
- Identify key barriers to effective communication.
- Use listening skills to effectively understand others.
- Understand effective telephone etiquette, and how to provide a positive, professional voice.
- Review effective customer service telephone skills such as tone, pitch, pace, volume and managing the vocal cords.
- Learn how to effectively handle customer complaints, including those sent via Social Media, defuse anger and respond appropriately.
- Understand how to best handle difficult calls and create win-win situations.
About the facilitator:
Tina Alenius, SPHR, SHRM-SCP is Principal of Sonnier-Alenius Consulting (SAC) and an Associate Partner for Employer’s Association Forum (EAF) and Senior Associate Partner for HOPS International LLC. She is an accomplished Human Resources professional who creates successful learning environments by honoring and reinforcing organizational, cultural and leadership initiatives. Prior to HR, Tina spent many years being a front-line operations manager managing teams from 10 to 500 employees. By building strong human resources credibility, Tina connects personally with clients and supports them in their development. Tina models customer service skills in all aspects of her career, whether she is in the classroom or working one-on-one with an client. An innovative thinker and strategic thought partner, Tina helps to identify and bridge gaps, create people and business readiness and provide organizations with holistic plans to ensure their workforces are ready for future.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.