- This event has passed.
Managing Organizational Process
October 4, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
8:30am – 4:30pm
7.0 “HR” HRCI Credits & 7.0 PDCs for SHRM
Program Leader: Charlie Walsh, HOPS International LLC
Managing Organizational Process – The Tools of Problem-Solving, Decision-Making, Delegation, and Planning
Information is the “raw material” of a one’s work-life – at any level. Today, information and the flow of information comes to us in many forms, shapes, sizes, and colors! Too much too often or too little too late! As a leader or a professional staff or support person, you may be called upon to gather, collect, organize, analyze, disseminate, and otherwise “process” information. You attend meetings, read and prepare reports, respond to email and non-email inquiries, memos, voice messages, Internet research, and anything and everything else that seems to require your time and energy – all driven by information. You work with your own management, your own team members, your peers, colleagues, partners, and significant other external stakeholders, all of which seem to require your time, attention, and abilities in “processing” information flow in order to do your job. Unfortunately, this “processing” can get in the way of effective leadership and actually create stress, bottlenecks, and frustration. Making the right choices and being able to “size-up”, “separate”, and focus on the right information and the right processes to handle the right information are steps critical in determining the long-term successes and impact of what you do in your job.
The Management “Process” Skills presented in this unique workshop provide a framework for gathering information, sizing-up and separating information, setting priorities, analyzing situations and problematic issues, solving real problems, making effective decisions, and building & protecting executable plans connected to solved problems and decisions made. These skills are designed to help you think through the stages of those processes necessary for maximum performance and value impact in any organization concerned about sustainable results-oriented outputs. Each skill is designed to help “process” information and situations that impact your work day. Each skill is a logical step-by-step approach to better management of key activities. Each skill is generic and can be applied in any situation or circumstance.
- Strategic Thinking
- Decision Making
- Sizing-Up Situations
- Problem Analysis
- Building & Protecting Plans
- Setting Priorities
- Problem Discovery & Resolution
Key Learning Objectives:
- The Management Process Skills serves as a road-map for effectively applying the tools of Problem-Solving, Decision-Making, and Planning as well as Thinking Strategically, Setting Priorities, and Delegating;
- Practice application of the models, tools and skills for effective application of all the process skills through structured template tools;
- Demonstrate the tools and techniques for building consensus in decision-making;
- Identify various approaches to the decision-making process and their impact on team decisions and performance;
- Demonstrate specific problem-solving and decision-making techniques essential to meeting goals and achieving results.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.