- This event has passed.
I Have To Comply With What?
August 22, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday, August 22, 2017
8:30am – 9:00am – Registration / 9:00am – 4:00pm – Program
6.0 HRCI & SHRM Credits
Program Leader: Pat LaPoint, Principal & Founder Regulatory Compliance Associates, Inc. (RegComp)
EAF Members – $199 per participant
Non-Members – $249 per participant
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with a 48-hour notice and who do not attend will be invoiced for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.
I HAVE TO COMPLY WITH WHAT? (EPA, OSHA & DOT Regulations Overview)
How long have you unsuccessfully tried to figure out the safety , environmental , transportation and hazardous material shipping requirements that apply to you? With all of the new regulations , have you wondered if your company’s procedures , written plans and training programs are current? Do you have a dysfunctional or incomplete EHS System? Have you concluded that you need a minor or major overhaul?
If the answer to any of these questions is a resounding, “YES”, then this workshop is for you. It will include an OVERVIEW of the interrelationship of the three key federal agencies, EPA, OSHA, DOT, and the applicability of the key federal laws that may apply to your facility . Our goal is to provide you with a strategic opportunity to better understand what laws and regulations affect your facility. It will assist you in starting to build a compliance stature that will be a competitive advantage in your field of endeavor .
Topics to be Covered:
Interrelationship Overview of EPA, OSHA, DOT, including current fines and penalties.
EPA – We will discuss , but not be limited to:
- Clean Air Act
- Clean Water Act
- Comprehensive Environmental Response
- Compensation & Liability Act (CERCLA)
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (including the recent changes to align with OSHA’s (GHS-aligned Hazard Communication Standard)
- Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (including Hazardous Waste Generators Improvements Rule)
- Storm Water Permit Regulations.
OSHA – We will discuss , but not be limited to:
- General Industry Standards, including an Index applicable Standards under 29 CFR 1910
- Basic Employer’s Responsibilities
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Hazard Communication (GHS)
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Regulations (Hazwoper)
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety & Health Programs
- Walking-Working Surfaces.
DOT – We will discuss, but not be limited to:
- Modes of Transportation
- Hazardous Materials Regulations and how they apply to functions related to the transportation of hazardous materials – such as: classification , packaging, hazard communication , training, incident reporting and handling.
Pat LaPoint – President & CEO of Regulatory Compliance Associates, Inc. (RegComp)
For over 35 years, Pat has been developing programs and teaching regulatory compliance workshops pertaining to governmental laws and regulations (EPA, OSHA and DOT) for various Industries, U.S. Naval Air Stations, U.S. Customs Service and the U.S. Public Health Service. She writes comprehensive workshop manuals and comprehensive site specific employee training programs, and audits corporate programs throughout the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. She also conducts compliance gap assessments at clients’ facilities and negotiates with regulators to reduce fines and penalties.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.