EAF Human Resources Briefing & Annual Meeting
Friday, October 25, 2019
HR Is Responsible For What?
October 30 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
8:30am – 4:30pm
(7) HRCI & (7) SHRM CREDIT HOURS
The 2019-2020 Federal Labor and Employment Law SourceBook will be given out at this workshop – a $145 value
Program Leader: Tina Alenius, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Principal of Sonnier-Alenius Consulting (SAC)
EAF Members – $235/per person
Non-Members – $285/per person
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with a 48-hour notice and who do not attend will be invoiced for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.
Do employment laws and regulations change so frequently that your head spins?
Do you need a solid refresher to remind you of all the employment regulations that you need to manage on behalf of your organization?
If you answered YES to either of these questions, this workshop is for you! HR is RESPONSIBLE for WHAT? is a one-day workshop designed to provide a broad overview of today’s key HR laws and regulations in four keys areas:
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Safety and Health
What do you need to know? All employees need to know which laws protect them in the workplace, and employers should be informed as to how changes in employment laws can impact their organization. HR professionals need to know which laws apply to their organizations and how to ensure their organization stays legally compliant. This knowledge based workshop provides a basic understanding and update of laws that you should know and understand to manage your HR responsibilities to include the following to name a few such as:
- Florida’s Domestic Leave Policy
- Florida’s Right to Carry Law
Who Should Attend:
- Entry-level Human Resources Professionals
- HR specialists whose experience has been in a single functional area
- Individuals exploring HR as a career
- HR generalist who provide support to the entire enterprise
- Anyone who may perform any HR duties as part of a non-HR job
- Supervisors and managers looking to improve their knowledge and management skills to better understand and handle challenging HR issues
- Gain a general understanding of key employment laws
- Understand the employment and labor laws that apply to your organization
- Recognize when you are making a decision that is affected by a major federal or state employment law
- Help your organization to understand the importance of consistency and documentation when responding to employee request for leaves or other workplace rights
- Help others in your organization understand their roles in ensuring your organization is compliant with various employment and labor laws
About the facilitator:
Tina Alenius, SPHR, SHRM-SCP is Principal of Sonnier-Alenius Consulting (SAC) and an Associate Partner for Employer’s Association Forum (EAF). She is an accomplished Human Resources professional who creates successful learning environments by honoring and reinforcing organizational, cultural and leadership initiatives. Prior to HR, Tina spent many years being a front-line operations manager managing teams from 10 to 500 employees. By building strong human resources credibility, Tina connects personally with clients and supports them in their development. Tina model’s customer service skills in all aspects of her career, whether she is in the classroom or working one-on-one with a client. An innovative thinker and strategic thought partner, Tina helps to identify and bridge gaps, create people and business readiness and provide organizations with holistic plans to ensure their workforces are ready for future.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.