Growing Your Internal Talent
April 5 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Friday, April 5, 2019
8:30am – 4:30pm
(7) HRCI BUSINESS CREDITS & (7) SHRM CREDIT HOURS
Program Leader: Tina Alenius, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Principal of Sonnier-Alenius Consulting (SAC)
EAF Members – $175/per person
Non-Members – $225/per person
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with a 48-hour notice and who do not attend will be invoiced for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.
Do You Face any of these issues?
- Do employees want to develop but have no idea where to begin?
- Will your employees grow as you need them to do?
- Is employee learning focused so that your people can continuously contribute to the organization’s success?
Retaining high-caliber employees is a pressing problem facing business today. Often lack of career growth opportunities beats compensation as the reason why employees leave their employees. HR professionals today face the additional challenge of trying to predict future needs in an ever-changing economy and in organizations that continue to undergo major organizational change. Employee Development is almost universally recognized as a strategic tool for organizational growth, productivity and the ability to retain employees.
In this 1-day workshop, we will review strategies to create employee development programs, not training plans, but development opportunities. These programs tap current employee’s potential and build their competencies to achieve employer’s goals. In this session we will discuss how you can help your employees to take the next step in moving into critical internal roles, and how not lose them to the competition.
- Distinguish between training and development
- Understand the business case for developing your internal talent
- Assess HR’s role in career planning, career management and career development
- Learn how to use a 9-Box grid individual assessment tool
- Review guidelines for effective employee development
- Create opportunities for employee development by identifying employee development methods suitable for your organization
- Identify potential problems in creating and maintaining employee development programs
About the facilitator:
Tina Alenius, SPHR, SHRM-SCP is Principal of SONNIER-ALENIUS CONSULTING, Training and Human Performance Specialists (SAC), and an Associate Partner for Employer Association Forum (EAF). She is an accomplished Human Resources professional who creates successful learning environments by honoring and reinforcing organizational, cultural and leadership initiatives. Prior to HR, Tina spent many years being a front-line operations manager managing teams from 10 to 500 employees. By building strong human resources credibility, Tina connects personally with clients and supports them in their development. Tina model’s customer service skills in all aspects of her career, whether she is in the classroom or working one-on-one with an client. An innovative thinker and strategic thought partner, Tina helps to identify and bridge gaps, create people and business readiness and provide organizations with holistic plans to ensure their workforces are ready for future.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.