- This event has passed.
May 21 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
9:00am – 12:00pm
3.0 HRCI & SHRM Credits
Program Leader: Jessica Walberg, Attorney, FordHarrison LLP
FMLA – Practical Applications
Has your organization implemented policies and administrative procedures to comply with the Family & Medical Leave Act? Are managers and supervisors in your organization properly responding to requests for leaves under the Act? Understanding the interaction with Workers’ Compensation and Americans with Disabilities Act presents additional challenges – where does one begin and the other leave off?
This program will explore:
- Leave requirements for military service members.
- Leave requirements for employees who qualify for family or medical leaves.
- The Act’s requirements on employee benefits continuation during family or medical leaves.
- The reinstatement rights of employees following a leave.
- The Act’s provisions for recordkeeping, notice posting and enforcement.
- How to analyze a FMLA request.
- Reconciling with ADA and Workers’ Compensation.
- Answers to unusual/complex FMLA questions.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.