- This event has passed.
Employment Law: What Supervisors Need to Know
August 28, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Friday, August 28, 2020
8:30am – 4:30pm
7 HRCI & SHRM Credits
Program Leader: Tina Alenius, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Principal of Sonnier-Alenius Consulting (SAC)
EAF Members – $179/per person
Non-Members – $229/per person
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with a 48-hour notice and who do not attend will be invoiced for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.
What is the front-line leader’s role in managing people, the work and the workplace?
What employment laws impact how you manage on behalf of your organization?
What are the employment laws and regulations that govern the workplace?
If you have ever pondered any of these questions, this training is for you. Front-line leaders who attend this training will walk away with a foundational understanding of their critical role in ensuring they are adhering to employment laws, regulations and guidelines.
Without a solid foundation in employment laws, front-line supervisors and managers may not respond appropriately to numerous employee issues or know when it is best to partner with the HR team. Managing employee issues is a critical skill and it is important for front-line leaders to obtain this knowledge so that they can effectively manage the work and the workplace. In this training, we will review six areas where you need to have a solid understanding of employment laws to be successful in your role:
Specifically, your role in:
- Ensuring a Harassment and Discrimination Free Workplace
- Finding and Hiring employees
- Managing Performance
- Counseling Employees
- Paying Employees
- Health & Safety – Drug & Alcohol Awareness
- Gain a general understanding of key employment laws
- Recognize when you are making a decision that is affected by a major federal or state employment law
- Help your organization to understand the importance of consistency and documentation when responding to employee request for leaves or other workplace rights
- Understand the supervisor’s role in ensuring your organization is compliant with various employment and labor laws
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.