Friday, May 21, 2021
8:30am – 9:00am – Registration / 9:00am – Noon – Program
3.0 HRCI & SHRM Credits
Program Leader: Chuck Simikian, SHRM-SCP, Principal at Alliance HR Partners, LLC
EAF Members – $99 per participant
Non-Members – $149 per participant
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with a 48-hour notice and who do not attend will be invoiced for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.
Dealing with difficult people is a fact of life at home or at work. While a training program on workplace manners and courtesy may seem like overkill, the reality is: rudeness is an epidemic costing industry millions a year. Indeed, what society seems to be gaining in terms of both knowledge and technological advancement, it’s losing out on basic social values that directly impact the bottom line.
After this seminar you will be better equipped to understand and handle those challenging interactions with staff, customers or suppliers. Why they act the way they do; how to make them less frustrating; how to approach situations with a calm and positive demeanor; know what to say and do to neutralize the person or situation and move forward. By better understanding causes of difficult behavior and the resulting reactions, you will learn how to anticipate & prevent conflict escalations. Participants learn to recognize the types of difficult people will have hands-on tools and strategies that they will be able to immediately utilize in any situation. This workshop will also introduce the concept of civility, its importance to a company, as well as its typical causes and effects. Skills needed to effectively practice civil behavior, as well as different ways organizations can systematize civility in the workplace
– Core rules for dealing with difficult people
– Types of difficult people at work and how to neutralize them
– Three powerful practices to use right now
– Learn practical ways of practicing workplace etiquette.
– Learn the basic styles of conflict resolution.
– Learn skills in diagnosing the causes of uncivil behavior.
– Learn specific interventions that can be utilized when there’s conflict within the workplace.
– Learn a recommended procedure for systematizing civil behavior within the workplace.
Differences and disagreements are unavoidable. Civility is possible. Learn proven ways to manage emotions, improve communication and boost your conflict management strategies.