- This event has passed.
Creating a Respectful Environment (C.A.R.E.)
May 25, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Thursday, May 25, 2017
8:30am – 12:30pm
4.0 HRCI & SHRM Credits
Program Leader: Tina Alenius, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Principal of Sonnier-Alenius Consulting (SAC)
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with a 48-hour notice and who do not attend will be invoiced for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.
How do you ensure an inclusive and respectful environment for your employees and organization? According to a recent report on harassment from the EEOC, there are key activities that your organization should be practicing. This half day workshop is designed to provide a broad overview of laws protecting employees from harassment and discrimination, identify dimensions and benefits of diversity in the workplace as well as practical tips to ensure you are “creating a respectful environment” for your organization. Additionally, we will review the responsibilities that every employee has in recognizing and responding with respect to inappropriate workplace behavior, and those activities that supervisors, managers and HR professionals are held accountable for providing.
Who Should Attend:
- Supervisors, Managers and HR professionals who need to promote social inclusion and respect within a diverse workforce
- Managers and supervisors who need guidance on how to proactively respond to unacceptable behavior “in the moment“
- Supervisors and managers looking to improve civility in their workplace
- Supervisors and managers looking to improve their employee management skills when handling challenging HR issues
- Gain knowledge of key practices to establishing a positive employee environment such as civility training and bystander intervention
- Achieve a clear understanding for managers and supervisors of acceptable and unacceptable workplace behaviors
- Enhance awareness of our individual values
- Learn to make constructive use of differences and promote tolerance
- Improve the overall work environment and “respect for the individual“
- Prevent Managers and Associates from making critical mistakes
- Understand that everyone has a right to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying, hazing, and retaliation
- Understand what is unacceptable vs. what is illegal
About the facilitator:
Tina Alenius, SPHR, SHRM-SCP is Principal of Sonnier-Alenius Consulting (SAC) and an Associate Partner for Employer’s Association Forum (EAF) and Senior Associate Partner for HOPS International LLC. She is an accomplished Human Resources professional who creates successful learning environments by honoring and reinforcing organizational, cultural and leadership initiatives. Prior to HR, Tina spent many years being a front-line operations manager managing teams from 10 to 500 employees. By building strong human resources credibility, Tina connects personally with clients and supports them in their development. Tina models customer service skills in all aspects of her career, whether she is in the classroom or working one-on-one with an client. An innovative thinker and strategic thought partner, Tina helps to identify and bridge gaps, create people and business readiness and provide organizations with holistic plans to ensure their workforces are ready for future.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.