- This event has passed.
Compensation Design: Building & Updating Pay Ranges with Excel!
November 14, 2019 @ 9:00 am - November 15, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
Thursday & Friday, November 14 & 15, 2019
9:00am – 4:00pm
Workshop Leader: Judy Harrington, CCP, Harrington & Associates
EAF Members – $325 / Non-Members – $399
12 “HR” Credit Hours for HRCI & 12 PDC’s for SHRM
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with a 48-hour notice and who do not attend will be invoiced for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.
- How to use Survey Data.
- How to convert survey data into base pay ranges that suit the organization’s overall philosophy of rewards.
- To build a spreadsheet from which a survey trend can be quickly determined.
- Learn techniques and develop a new set of pay ranges for a set of jobs.
- To plot your company’s current pay practices and compare with those in the markets in which you compete for talent.
- To build market based pay ranges with appropriate
- Grade to grade overlap
- Range spread
- Grade to grade progression
- An intermediate level understanding of and experience with using Excel, including commands to format cells, enter, sum and average data, as well as construct simple formulas to gather and use data to draw conclusions that require data selection, multiplication and division.
- A laptop computer with Excel 2010. MAC laptops may not be compatible.
- Awareness of the purpose of job grades.
- A desire to learn about the development of pay ranges.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.