June 28 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday, June 28, 2019
9:00am – 4:00pm
6.0 HRCI & SHRM Credits
Program Leader: Carol Tuttle, Tuttle Associates
Smart hiring decisions have tremendously important long-term beneﬁts: The probability of lower turnover resulting in low hiring/training cost, higher morale, an effective team who works well together, high productivity (the right amount of time spent on the right tasks), and deadlines are met.
Common mistakes in interviewing and selection, such as not utilizing a structured, behavioral interview format, not knowing when you haven’t heard anything useful, overlooking key information, and not listening for and noting three-part effective answers from applicants point to the many benefits resulting from a more scientific and objective process. Learn a 3-step process for selection, which will help you hire right the first time.
- Learn behavioral interviewing techniques for hiring & promoting right the first time
- Prepare for an effective interview
- Identify “success factors” for a job
- Create/choose focused behavioral interviewing questions
- Practice conducting and observing “ROI” interviews
- Learn to listen for specific facts and take notes
- Evaluate proactive interview sessions
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.