- This event has passed.
Back to Management Basics
November 5 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
8:30am – 4:30pm
(7) HRCI & (7) SHRM CREDIT HOURS
Program Leader: Tina Alenius, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Principal of Sonnier-Alenius Consulting (SAC)
EAF Members – $175/per person
Non-Members – $225/per person
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with a 48-hour notice and who do not attend will be invoiced for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.
What are the core competencies that every manager must excel at to be successful? Managers bear the responsibility to develop the capabilities within the individuals, processes, and systems of the organization. You are responsible for maximizing your resources, and no resource is more valuable than your HUMAN resource and your TIME. In this training session, we will review critical skills for delegation, using your time wisely, formal and informal communication with your team, and providing the right type of motivation at the right time.
At the end of the day, managers are responsible for getting the job done, and getting the job done requires knowing how to use your resources wisely. In this one-day training session, managers will learn key skills to excel in four key management practices:
- Motivating, Rewarding and Recognizing Employees
- Conducting Effective Meetings
- Time Management, Planning and Organization
- Understand the definition of motivation and how it relates to human behavior
- Learn how to evaluate individual needs as an element of employee motivation
- Develop strategies for creating a motivational work environment
- Develop skills to manage priorities and make the best use of time
- Identify top time wasters and develop strategies for managing them
- Develop strategies for effectively managing time in a team environment
- Describe the elements and methodologies for effective team meetings
- Manage meeting time and create an effective meeting agenda focused on a desired outcome
- Understand common methods of handling meeting conflict and disruptions
- Encourage meeting participation and idea generation
- Learn how to effectively delegate and get more done
- Use delegation to motivate employees to redefine the limits of their potential
- Practice active listening skills and communicating with impact
- Understand the role of department leaders in modeling the example for effective communication and feedback
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.