April 10 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
9:00am – 12:00pm
3.0 HRCI & SHRM Credits
Program Leader: Bret Yaw, Attorney, FordHarrison LLP
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with a 48-hour notice and who do not attend will be invoiced for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.
The ADAAA has been called one of the most confusing employment laws ever enacted. At this
training seminar an employment attorney will walk you through the steps for identifying potential
ADA issues and addressing them in a manner designed to keep your work force productive
and you out of court.
• Who is a “QUALIFIED” INDIVIDUAL WITH A DISABILITY?
• WHAT ARE “ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS”?
• WHAT ARE “MAJOR LIFE ACTIVITIES”?
• WHAT ARE SOME POSSIBLE Reasonable ACCOMMODATIONS?
• Understanding the ADA’s interaction with FMLA & Workers’ Compensation.
• What is considered a mental impairment?
• Accommodating employees with cancer and diabetes.
• Review of treatment of mitigating measures.
• Coverage of impairments that are episodic or in remission.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY – Registrants who do not cancel with 48 hours notice and who do not attend are liable for the entire fee. Substitutions may be made at any time.