Thank you to all the companies that participated in our Cell Phone Survey. Below are the results from this survey.
- 91% of companies allow personal cell phones in the workplace
- 64% allow employees to use their cell phones at their workstations
- 36% only allow cell phone use in designated areas
- 60% require cell phones to be on silent or vibrate
- 40% allow cell phones for emergency use only
- 30% restrict cell phones in safety or information sensitive areas
- 73% allow employees to use personal cell phones for business purposes
- 70% reimburse employees for business conducted on a personal cell phone
- 55% of companies provide a business cell phone
- 100% of companies provide their executives with a business cell phone
- 57% of companies provide their managers/supervisors with a business cell phone
- 14% of companies provide their sales personnel with a business cell phone
- 43% of companies provide their field technicians and drivers with a business cell phone
- 43% of companies provide their on-call or emergency contacts with a business cell phone
- 100% reported that business cell phones can be used for personal calls & texts
- 67% of companies do not require employees to reimburse the company for personal usage
- 64% of companies have protocols in place to main confidentiality
- 60% have protocols in place to lock cell phones or retrieve information from lost phones or terminated employees
EAF responds to hundreds of hotline calls and emails monthly. We would be happy to answer any interesting questions you may have too! Contacts us at [email protected] or 407.260.6556
Follow EAF on Social Media!
Ready to Join? CLICK HERE to Join now and receive 10% off NEW Member Dues!
Use PROMO CODE: “Cellphone” on your Member Application.